Today I taught a friend and her 2 friends how to make the basic ranunculus and a pompom. It went pretty well!
Time management was always my issue in teaching but I didn’t expect my workshop of the planned 2 hours to go beyond the buffer of an extra hour and stretch to 5! We were all in need of major stretching by the end but the joy of seeing a pretty handmade product is priceless.
I really enjoyed setting up and prepping the materials and equipment. My sweet spot, perhaps?
Maybe my years in teaching was meant to culminate in this. I still love preparing English resources too though.
I’ve been working on a couple of bouquets for loved ones and the process of learning how to wrap them has been pretty fun.
A white ranunculus, a mini red one and a red bud, with black wrapping
A pink ranunculus, white mini one and a white pompom, with white wrapping.
4 peach/pink ranunculi, with white wrapping
15 peach / pink / white ranunculi and pompoms with white wrapping.
These flowers make me so happy.
I chanced upon this interesting read on paper flower history this morning.
And… I think I might have just found my favourite-est (because there’s no superlative that’s that super) crepe paper flower artist yet. #paperflowergoals
These photos make up for last night’s scare. My glue gun caused a power trip and when we weren’t convinced, it did so by showing me a huge spark.
Thank God my home and all the crepe paper around the glue gun were unharmed.
About 2 months after I thought of a name for my paper flower brand, PaperBloomsSG, I find myself struggling to keep up with orders from my close friends. They’ve been so supportive and sweet to request paper flowers from me.
I’m still working on my production system – it’s easy to do 1 or 2 and perfect them, but in bulk, the control is more difficult to be consistent.
While that’s an ongoing challenge, here’s yesterday’s fringe flower, a bunch I tied up for a friend (who got 8 sets from me!), and the big bunch that I’ve worked out over the past few weeks. Immanuel’s guitars as props for the bunch and props for our living room.
I went down to a centre for a volunteer interview today. After how the previous interview panned out, this went very smooth. While I know it’s for a volunteer position, I don’t take it lightly.
I’m looking forward to have some mornings occupied with meaningful activities – the way I designed my life to be.
Though I told the coordinator that I’d want to commit for 3 months for now, if this suits my new rhythm for the year, I’d gladly extend the stint.
Side note: a little walk in the market near the centre landed me a suitable toolbox for the flowers.
I just had inspiration on a possible name for the paper flower project I’m intending to work on. I wish I could say I was actively working on it, but space has been a major constraint and it’s making me even more excited to get my new place.